I love this time of year—when Cannes is in full swing, and a slate of new films are competing for the coveted Palme d'Or! There are many promising films this year to keep your eye out for (just to name a few):
- 120 Beats per Minute (France) dir. Robin Campillo
- The Beguiled (USA) dir. Sofia Coppola
- Happy End (France, Germany, Austria) dir. Michael Haneke
- Redoubtable (France) dir. Michel Hazanavicius
- L'amant double (France) dir. Francois Ozon
- The Killing of a Sacred Deer (UK, Ireland) dir. Yorgos Lanthimos
While we wait for those films to come to our US theaters, I decided to look back and list my favorite films winning the Palme d'Or since 1975. Bon cinema !